Data Protection Policy
Data Protection and Access to Information
The ScaleUp Institute will comply with all statutory requirements of the Data Protection Act and GDPR by registering all personal data held on its computer and/or related electronic equipment and by taking all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and confidentiality of such information.
Our commitment to you:
We will ensure that:
- at no time will the information you provide be used for any purpose other than research and you will in no way be adversely affected by taking part.
- we will only use this information to contact you for the purpose of this research study.
- as with all forms of marketing and opinion research, your co-operation is voluntary at all times. No personal information is sought from or about you without your prior knowledge and agreement.
- we will not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make user data commercially available to any third party, except with your prior permission.
- we will not send you unsolicited mail or pass on your email addresses to others for this purpose. If we wish to send you any future emails, we will ask your explicit permission for this.
- where we ask permission to pass on your data in a way which would allow you to be personally identified, we will ensure that the information is only used for the stated purposes.
- everyone managing and handling personal information understands that they are responsible for following good data protection practice.
- we have a specific individual responsible for data protection in the organisation.
- staff who handle personal information are appropriately supervised and trained.
- queries about handling personal information are promptly and courteously dealt with.
- methods of handling personal information are regularly assessed and evaluated.
- any disclosure of personal data will be in compliance with approved procedures.
- we take all necessary steps to ensure that personal data is kept secure at all times against unauthorised or unlawful loss or disclosure.
- all contractors who are users of personal information supplied by SUI will be required to confirm that they will abide by the requirements of the Act with regard to information supplied by us.
- the right to obtain your personal information from us except in limited circumstances.
- the right to ask us not to process personal data.
While it is unlikely, SUI may be required to disclose your user data by a court order or to comply with other legal requirements. We will use all reasonable endeavours to notify you before we do so unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
Privacy Notice and Guidance for Survey Respondents
BVA BDRC would like to thank you for taking part in this genuine market research survey, conducted by BVA BDRC. We take every reasonable precaution to ensure the privacy and security of your information during the market research survey.
Online surveys: BVA BDRC work in conjunction with a BVA BDRC Group company, Alligator Research who use FocusVision to operate the survey questionnaire software and data collection process. The data from the survey will be held by FocusVision in a separate database and only BVA BDRC will receive the data collected by FocusVision from the survey.
Telephone surveys: BVA BDRC work in conjunction with a BVA BDRC Group company, Perspective Research Services. The data from the survey will be held in a separate database. Only BVA BDRC will receive the data collected from the survey.
At no time will the information you provide be used for any purpose other than research and you will in no way be adversely affected by taking part.
It is not our aim to sell or promote anything. This is a market research survey using scientific methods and we commit, in obtaining your co-operation, not to mislead you about the nature of the research or how the findings will be used. Your responses will be treated as confidential unless you consent to being identified.
We hold information about you that can specifically identify you such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. This may have been provided by one of our clients or included in a list of contacts we have purchased. We will only use this information to contact you for the purpose of this research study. Our Company policy is to retain securely any personally identifiable information for a period of six months after project completion. If this personally identifiable information is retained for a longer or shorter period of time, you will have been told this during the course of the survey. After this period, the data will be destroyed.
In the relatively few instances where we ask permission to pass on your data in a way which would allow you to be personally identified, we will ensure that the information is only used for the stated purposes. We will not send you unsolicited mail or pass on your email addresses to others for this purpose. If we wish to send you any future emails, we will ask your explicit permission for this.
As with all forms of marketing and opinion research, your co-operation is voluntary at all times. No personal information is sought from or about you without your prior knowledge and agreement. The legal basis for processing your data is to enable BVA BDRC to provide the service as agreed with its clients for legitimate market research purposes.
You have the right under the EU General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 to access any information held about you. You also have the right to the following:
- Object to processing of your data;
- To port data (if automated data collection);
- To erasure of any personal data made public;
- To restrict processing;
- To rectify data held
We will be happy to respond to any of these requests or any issues you may have.
You can make a request by emailing ISOCompliance@BVA-BDRC.com. You can also contact our Data Protection Officers at this email address.
Please be aware we may need to retain your information on our files to resolve disputes, enforce our user agreement, or for technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the security, integrity and operation of our surveys.
We take every reasonable step not to interview children without gaining prior parental consent.
We do not do any invisible processing of data from your computer. We will only collect and use personal information in accordance with this policy to the extent deemed reasonably necessary to serve our legitimate business purposes, and we will maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity, accuracy and privacy of the information you have provided. In addition, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties to whom we transfer any personal information provide sufficient protection of that information.
BVA BDRC has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under their control. Only certain employees have access to the information you provide us and are only granted access for data analysis and quality control purposes. By participating in this survey, you consent to this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not complete or take part in the survey.
Our policy will indicate the date it was last updated, but if there is a substantive change in the way that we use your personal information, we will notify you via email of the relevant changes. If you choose to opt out of our changed practice then please email ISOCompliance@BVA-BDRC.com. Your continued participation in our survey(s) will signify your acceptance of the changes to our policy.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the way your data has been handled by BVA BDRC with the Information Commissioners Office (https://ico.org.uk)
Last updated: April 2019