LOCAL AREA SUMARY:
Total number of scaleups
No. by employee growth
No. by turnover growth
No. by employee and turnover growth
Top 5 Visible Scaleups by Employee Growth
BES Utilities provides gas, electricity, and telecommunications to small and medium sized businesses.
Bryan’s Salads grows and packages lettuce, and produces salad bowls and ready to cook vegetable packs for the catering and food service sectors.
Cornthwaite Agricultural operates a used tractor and farm machinery dealership.
GAP manufactures and supplies a range of PVC-u building products, such as doors and windows.
Marcus Worthington Group
The Marcus Worthington Group operates a property construction company, undergoing new build and redevelopment projects within the public and private sectors.
Top 5 Visible Scaleups by Turnover Growth
Celerity provides their clients with a range of IT support services.
Emerson & Renwick
Emerson & Renwick manufactures a range of production machinery such as those that create wallpaper and coatings.
1st Stop Group
1st Stop Group offers financial products such as personal and secured loans to clients.
Cuadrilla Resources locates and takes on projects for extracting underground natural-gas and oil reserves via fracking.
Recycling Lives provides a large range of waste management and recycling services.
Local LEP ScaleUp Programmes
Boost – Lancashire’s Growth Hub – acts as the control centre for growing businesses in the area, with access to Boost relationship managers exploring their growth and scaling needs. This is further supported with Boost advisors including specialists and local entrepreneurs who provide peer-to-peer mentoring and coaching. Skills, training and recruitment support are offered through the Lancashire Skills Hub. Boost refers growing businesses to a range of local scaleup support programmes:
- Productivity through People – Lancaster University Management School’s workforce and efficiency focused 12-month growth programme for senior managers.
- Profitable Growth through Innovation – Edge Hill University Productivity & Innovation Centre’s 3-month sprint programme for data driven innovation.
- DigitMe2 – Up to 20 days of consultancy support through the University of Central Lancashire for new product development.
- Boost Bespoke – A package of fully funded support including accelerating growth workshops, peer-to-peer networks, one-to-one specialist coaching and access to growth tools.
The key barriers to growth are access to UK markets, access to talent and access to infrastructure/premises and broadband. They are looking for a range of support, including Growth Hubs, local universities / business schools and peer networks, as well as from local leadership development programmes.
Top barriers to growth
- Access to talent
- Access to UK markets
- Access to infrastructure/premises and broadband
want TO SEE more of:
- Growth Hubs
- Local universities/business schools
- Peer networks
- Local leadership development programmes
- General business support from government