CBI/IBM research reveals digital divide in UK economy

New research by the CBI and IBM has found that despite the UK taking top place globally for e-commerce and fifth place for the availability of tech, it ranks just 14th in the world for company-level adoption of digital technology. The report argues that a digital divide is opening up across the British economy, with just over half (55 per cent) of “pioneer” firms adopting digital technologies and processes, with the remaining 45% falling behind.

The report can be read here.