Horizon 2020 provides funding for projects which:
– involve ground breaking research or new technologies
– improve research training and development, or research infrastructure
– create growth in sectors like advanced manufacturing, materials, biotechnology, information and communication technology, nanotechnology and space
– increase private investment in research
– respond to challenges like climate change, food security or healthcare for an ageing population.
As part of Horizon 2020, small or medium sized companies (SMEs) can also get help from a coach or mentor, eg to improve management skills, create a marketing strategy or raise finance. Support and information about Horizon 2020 can be obtained from Enterprise Europe Network.