GREATER MANCHESTER LEP
TOP 5 VISIBLE SCALEUPS BY EMPLOYEE GROWTH
Designs protective gloves for the manufacturing, engineering, construction, healthcare, oil & gas, and waste management industries.
Manufactures Alkyd resins which are used in the paint and ink manufacturing industries to provide a protective coating to products.
Manufactures and sells a wide range of outdoor clothing, accessories and camping equipment.
Designs software for businesses to secure their IT systems, working with them on planning and installation. The aim is to provide a solution which impacts on users’ freedoms as little as possible.
Wholesales a range of electrical products from a variety of brands.
TOP 5 VISIBLE SCALEUPS BY TURNOVER GROWTH
Supplies bespoke wireless digital screens designed for displaying HD video content. The company also provides installation, distribution, integration and remote monitoring services.
Operates a property construction and redevelopment company, specialising in urban developments for the commercial, retail and hospitality sectors.
Operates an infrastructure specialist, focussing on 3 particular type of projects: data centres, IT infrastructures within businesses, and fibre network installation.
Provides management services such as transportation and logistics for large sporting events and specialises in ticketing.
Operates a property development and real estate business, focused on the development of residential building on a large scale.
Data powered by Beauhurst
LOCAL LEP SCALEUP PROGRAMMES
Greater Manchester benefitted from the Driving Economic Growth Course to evidence the value of supporting scaleups. The LEP has invested in developing a substantial partner network of organisations. This ensures our programme recruitment is highly targeted.
Identified businesses are engaged and diagnostics used to determine the growth and scale up potential. The services they then have access to is matched to their specific needs and scaleup ambitions. Through dedicated scaleup programmes, one to one adviser relationships, or assistance from specialist services, they tackle specific issues, such as barriers to accessing finance, innovating through new products or services, investing in digital technology or in seeking specific sector provision. Business can benefit from a combination of these services to meet their growth ambitions.
Currently scaleups are offered three programmes:
- Spark2scale a six-month peer to peer programme with workshops and masterclasses covering core growth issues.
- Greater Connected which serves digital, creative and tech businesses through collaboration and a peer to peer community.
- StepINNto Healthcare, a sector specific growth programme.
The Business Growth Hub also partners with a number of private sector organisations:
- Ignite offers mentorship, accountability, peer-to-peer learning, investment and preparedness for follow-on investment.
- Stockport Business and Innovation Centre for drop-in clinics, master classes, pitching practice, one-to-one meetings with advisors and access to mentors
- Barclays Eagle Labs which offers co-working space, access to expert mentoring networks, finance partners, event space and Digital Fabrication equipment.